e-RUPI is a digital solution to be launched with the support of DFS and NHA, powered by NPCI to allow cashless payment solution for COVID-19 vaccination.
The users of this seamless one-time payment mechanism will be able to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app or internet banking access, at the merchants accepting UPI e-Prepaid Vouchers. The e-RUPI would be shared with the beneficiaries for a specific purpose or activity by organizations via SMS or QR code.
This contactless e-RUPI is easy, safe and secure as it keeps the details of the beneficiaries completely confidential. The entire transaction process through this voucher is relatively faster and at the same time reliable, as the required amount is already stored in the voucher.
- Corporates can enable well-being of their employees by distributing the UPI Prepaid Vouchers
- It is an end to end digital transaction and doesn’t require any physical issuance (card / voucher) hence leading to cost reduction
- Visibility for voucher utilisation – Voucher redemption can be tracked by the issuer
- Quick, safe & contactless voucher distribution
- Easy & Secure – Voucher is authorised via a verification code shared by the beneficiary
- Hassle free & Contactless payment collection – Handling of cash or cards is not required
- Quick redemption process – The e-voucher can be redeemed in a few steps and lesser decline due to pre-blocked amount
- Contactless – Beneficiary need not carry a print out of the e-voucher
- Easy redemption – It is a 2 step redemption process
- Safe and Secure – Beneficiary doesn’t need to share personal details and hence their privacy is maintained
- Only mobile phone and e-voucher required – Customer redeeming the voucher need not have a digital payment app or a bank account
- State Bank of India
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- ICICI Bank